These review tapes were set up before the Board of Registration had a
Discipline Specific afternoon exam. Thus they were originally intended to
- Fundamentals of Engineering morning and afternoon
exam sessions were covered with the F.E. tapes for all disciplines.
- Professional Engineering exam reviews were covered
only for Civil Engineering. That is all that
we had available.
Since then, the board has included much of the introductory materials from the
P.E. exams for all disciplines and turned it into afternoon F.E. Discipline-specific exams. These are offered,
along with a "General" exam, on the afternoon of the F.E. exam. Thus these
reviews are now commonly being used as follows:
Use of the F.E. tapes covering all disciplines:
- Used by everyone wishing to review for the morning portion of the F.E.
exam. All disciplines are covered.
- Used by those taking the Civil Engineering discipline
specific afternoon exam.
Use of the P.E. tapes which cover only Civil Engineering:
- Used by those reviewing for the afternoon portion of the F.E. exam
intend to take the CIVIL ENGINEERING DISCIPLINE SPECIFIC EXAM ONLY. In
this case only about the first half of each taped video will probably be covered
on the F.E. afternoon exam, since the later material is more advanced and is
covered on the Civil Engineering P.E. exam. In general it is probably
best to just go ahead and listen to the whole tape so you get a little more
than will be on the afternoon F.E. Civil-Specific exam.
- Used by Civil Engineers preparing for the P.E. Civil Engineering exam.
We have been asked what others should do to prepare for the FE
afternoon Chemical, Electrical,
Industrial, Mechanical, etc. There are numerous study resources like those
on this site which you can access, although they are usually not free.
You can find some of these resources on the